Saturday, June 20, 2009




Finishing up with the Chili Pepper ANger Quilt. Thanks to friend who suggested I make the chilis as pockets - we both love manipulative-interactive quilts. The chilis hold 16 different quotes that positive anger can do for a person (me especially). I was taught that "nice girls don't get mad." It's taken some time to get over that - so this is more therapy - important enough to express as a quilt. I printed the quotes on fabric, cut them apart, bonded to a yellow print, whipped stitched yarn to the edges, and beaded the ends. I curled the strips into each chili. Sometimes they hang out in a twist. I won an honorable mention at the Fresno Co. Fair last year with this quilt. The best part? I'm learning to stomp my foot when necessary and stand up for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment